Today I started gathering my sources. I started to pay more attention to how news is done in Turkey, because my TV carries Turkish channels. The station showed almost the same as American stations. They showed upheaval coming from the constitution referendum decision, showed violence in Kurdish populated areas, and they also displayed AKP (Justice and Development Party) opponents speaking out against it. The only thing they displayed for the referendum was a statement by the Prime Minister, sharing his views on how it is extremely beneficial.
I wonder how much backlash these news stations receive from the government. I spoke to my father who is openly against Erdogan and the AKP and he told me how the government (even before Erdogan) would raise taxes, or find some sort of fraud in the news stations that say something they disapprove of. I'm going to look into that further.
No comments:
Post a Comment